Saturday, October 6, 2007

Facebook steals first base from Myspace

I thought this article was interesting because I've always assumed Myspace was more popular than facebook because it appears to have alot more members. Even after Facebook opened its social network up for users not in the college network, and added several application features that will allow users to mimick myspace sites in a sense, I still am surprised. Although I prefer facebook over myspace, I have experienced many inquiries on whether I have a myspace account, and I can't say the same for facebook. My guess, based on our discussions in class is that facebook must have a stronger social community which is not surprising at all. Myspace seems to lack the idea of community and ends up looking like a type of advertising device for those seeking "celebrity status", at least as far as the internet goes. http://blogs.zdnet.com/Hinchcliffe/?p=137

No comments: