Monday, October 1, 2007

What's with the link-weighted searching, anyway?

Well, I am finally a little satisfied. I have my own (relatively) new blog and no real readership (which is actually fine with me, since I'm just co-dependent enough that I would feel responsible for blogging very regularly if I had a more regular readership). However, I do have Sitemeter and am able to track the referrals that lead to my blog.

So far they have been totally ho-hum and mostly related to a post I wrote on nature vs. technology: the lead-in apparently occurs when people search for "nature vs. nurture," which is in the text of the post. Another person searched for "documentation strategy." Someone else for Derrida.

I'm pleased to see that today, however, a search worthy of being called odd led to my blog. I can't even begin to explain what did it. The search was for "energy feeding aliens."

No comments: